The IDMAG team – Imaging and Dynamics in Magnetism – studies the relationship between the spatial distribution of magnetization and its dynamics, in low-dimensional systems. IDMAG’s activity, mainly experimental, is supported by the development of phenomenological models and by numerical micromagnetic simulations.
The main research themes are
- Chiral magnetic textures (skyrmions, chiral domain walls) in ultrathin magnetic films and multilayers,
- Magnetization dynamics and spin waves,
- Dynamics of magnetic textures under electrical current,
- Magnetic domain wall dynamics in disordered systems,
- Imaging of ferrimagnetic systems,
- Thermally-activated magnetization reversal.